The Report Editor is a key part of the Cluvio experience. It is a powerful tool for analysts to be able to explore data, write queries and investigate best ways to visualise the results.
The main parts of the report editor are
- SQL editor: editor for SQL with syntax coloring, context-aware code completion and code formatting
- R editor: editor for R scripts with syntax coloring and code completion
- Database Almanac: select the datasource to use and view and explore the database schema (schemas/tables/columns). The almanac also suggests SQL queries to explore the data quickly and easily.
- Results table and details: the results table displays the raw tabular results from the SQL/R query execution, allows to download CSV and easily run EXPLAIN on the SQL query to analyse performance
- Visualisation configuration: select chart type, map columns to axes, format data, configure charts