A Datasource represents a connection to your database that holds the credentials and database info.
More details about our approach to security, what we do with your data and how we keep it secure can be found in our Security Whitepaper.
At the moment Cluvio supports the following Database types for running queries:
- Amazon Redshift / Panoply
- PostgreSQL / Heroku Postgres
- MySQL / MariaDB / Amazon Aurora
- Google BigQuery
- Google CloudSpanner
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
A Datasource is used to:
- fetch the database metadata (version, timezone, max # of simultaneous connections), model (tables and columns of the selected database) and approximate row counts. This information is refreshed nightly, so we display an up to date information even when you make changes to the database tables or columns
- execute the SQL queries that power the reports, dashboards and sql alerts