A data source is a configuration for database access by Cluvio.
How Cluvio treats your data and how it is kept it secure is described in detail in the Security Whitepaper.
At the moment Cluvio supports the following databases:
- Amazon Redshift / Panoply
- PostgreSQL / Heroku Postgres
- MySQL / MariaDB / Amazon Aurora
- Google BigQuery
- Google CloudSpanner
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
- MongoDB BI Connector
The following operations are performed by Cluvio on your database:
- Fetching the database metadata (version, timezone, max # of simultaneous connections), schema information (tables and columns of the selected database) and approximate row counts. This information is refreshed nightly, so we display an up to date information even when you make changes to the database tables or columns.
- Executing the SQL queries that you define for reports, dashboards, SQL alerts, etc.
For further information on database access with Cluvio, please see also:
- Securing your database connection
- Connecting through an SSH tunnel
- Creating a read-only user in the database
- Connecting to a local or test database