A Datasource is a configuration for Cluvio to access your database.
More details about our approach to security, what we do with your data and how we keep it secure can be found in our Security Whitepaper.
At the moment Cluvio supports the following databases:
- Amazon Redshift / Panoply
- PostgreSQL / Heroku Postgres
- MySQL / MariaDB / Amazon Aurora
- Google BigQuery
- Google CloudSpanner
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
- Amazon Aurora
- MongoDB BI Connector
The following operations are performed by Cluvio on your database:
- Fetching the database metadata (version, timezone, max # of simultaneous connections), schema information (tables and columns of the selected database) and approximate row counts. This information is refreshed nightly, so we display an up to date information even when you make changes to the database tables or columns.
- Executing the SQL queries that you use for creating reports, dashboards and SQL alerts.
- Securing your database connection
- Connecting via SSH tunnel
- Creating read-only user in the database
- Connecting to a local / test database