Available on plans: Starter, Pro, Business, Enterprise
Dashboard Schedules allow you to regularly send a dashboard or a single report via email to one or more recipients.
The dashboard/report can be attached in any of the following formats:
- Inline or attached PNG image
- Excel, with the raw data for each report as individual sheet
- CSV, one per report, in case of whole dashboard zipped into one file
Note: PDF generating currently has a known limitation where map charts are not rendered. Images do correctly render maps.
To setup emailing of a dashboard, either click on the Share via Email in the dashboard or report dropdown menu, or head over to Schedules section in settings and click Add Email Schedule.
The options are:
- Dashboard to send
- Optional single report of that dashboard
- The schedule of sending
- Daily at specified time
- Weekly at specified days of week and time
- Monthly at specified days of month and time
- The time to send at: the format is either US: 9:30am, 05:00pm or 24-hr time: 9:30, 17:00
- The email addresses to send to, separate multiple with comma, like this: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Optional subject of the email
- Optional message to include in the email
Hint: Once you save a schedule, you can trigger a test email by "Send Now" action in the dropdown menu.
Note on data currency
The email will contain dashboard rendered with data that are current according to the Data Refresh setting of the dashboard. 10 minutes before the dashboard is scheduled to be sent we make sure it has current data. In case the dashboard contains long running queries, you may want to make sure the prewarm is set in order for the results to be available at the time the dashboard is sent.