Dashboard groups can be used to organize dashboards.
A dashboard group is a named collection of dashboards with an optional description. There are 3 special kinds of groups that appear in the list:
- Favorites: Any dashboards that have been marked as a favorite by the user.
- Samples: The Cluvio sample dashboards.
- All: All the dashboards the user has access to.
- A single dashboard can be in multiple groups.
- When a dashboard group is removed, the dashboards in it are not removed.
- The access permissions are managed on a dashboard, the groups do not affect permissions.
- Business users (viewers) only see the dashboard groups that are marked as "Display for all users" and only those that have dashboards accessible to that user - i.e. the viewers would never see empty dashboard groups.
Dashboard group(s) actions
The dashboard groups actions are available in a drop-down menu on the right side of the dashboard groups bar. The drop-down menu displays actions that apply to all groups, as well as actions for the currently selected group.
Creating a dashboard group
Only admins or analysts can create and edit dashboard groups. To create a new dashboard group, click the "Create Group" in the dashboard groups drop-down menu. The dialog lets you choose the group name, optional description and select the dashboards for the group.
Editing a group and adding/removing dashboards
Similarly, clicking on "Edit" in the drop-down menu will open the same screen, allowing to change the group properties or add/remove dashboards.
Managing which groups a dashboard is in is also possible from the drop-down menu on a particular dashboard:
Dashboard group visibility
When a dashboard group is created, it is initially only visible to the analyst who created it. To make it available to other users, choose the "Display for all users" from the group drop-down menu.
A group displayed for all users is visible to
- all analysts.
- any viewers that have access to at least one dashboard from the group.
Similarly, a group visible to all users can be made private by selecting "Display only for me".
Removing a dashboard group
To remove a dashboard group, choose the "Remove Group" from the group drop-down menu. When a group is removed, the dashboards are not deleted with it.
Reordering dashboard groups
To change the order of the dashboard groups, choose the "Reorder Groups" action.
Special built-in Samples
The Samples group is a special built-in group that shows the Cluvio sample dashboards. The actions for this group are different than for a regular group and allow changing the visibility of the sample dashboards without having to delete them. Use "Hide Samples for Viewers" to make the samples group/dashboards only visible to analysts. Use "Hide Samples for Everyone" to hide for all users. If hidden, you can make them visible again later from the same drop-down menu.